Featured in the March, 2013 issue of “Good Old Boat”, CanCan is a beautifully re-fitted Alubat Ovni Sonate with a well thought out, professionally designed stern arch and mast tabernacle system that, coupled with her custom trailer, allows her to be trailered anywhere.
CanCan’s aluminum hull features a retracting swing keel and and retractable rudder in a cassette, giving her a shallow draft and a low profile on her trailer, while still offering standing headroom below.
Having sailed everywhere from Lake Havasu to Lake Huron (and many places in between), CanCan is the ultimate trailer sailer, just waiting for her next owner to take her on her next adventure.
- Welded aluminum hull built to European CE standards and rated for Category II “limited offshore” duty.
- Modified rig, which, along with custom stern arch and mast tabernacle, allows mast to lay down for trailer transport
- Retractable swing keel and rudder
- In-boom mainsail furler
- Auto-Prop H-5 self pitching prop
- Beta 16 with less than 100 hours
- Amcor 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Wind generator and two Kyocera solar panels
- Complete Raymarine Electronics Package
- Sig Marine Propane Heater
- Engel MT-17 refrigeration/freezer
- Double Axle Trailer