For those of you not already familiar with the Maine Cat 38, Dick Vermeulen designed with the singular goal to be “the fastest cruising cat out there, or I’ve failed at everything I’ve done.”
The Maine Cat 38 is a lightweight, high performance cat that’s easy to sail and maintain. The open bridgedeck offers great visibility and incredible air flow. The 12:1 beam ratio, flared hulls, with protective “shoulder” and retractable daggerboards offer a dry ride, high pointing angles and reduced drag.
“Kitty Hawk” is hull #3 and was launched the summer of 2017. Prior to being delivered to her original owner in Seattle the spring of 2018, she was in attendance at the US Sailboat Show in Annapolis, and was the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including Sail’s 2017 “Catamaran of the Year”.
The owner of “Kitty Hawk” has thoughtfully upgraded her with an array of quality equipment. Examples include:
- Upgraded Cherry Interior Cabinetry, extra shelving, custom “hamper/seat” in master.
- Wallas 30DT diesel fired forced air heater with independent 5 gal fuel tank + level gauge. Heats both interior and bridgedeck.
- Mattress pad heater in master stateroom
- Custom 5.5 cu ft Fridgiboat refrigerator / freezer
- 4 Firefly Carbon Foam G31 Batteries (464AH), can use 80% of AH capacity unlike 50% for AGM batteries and still have 3-4x the lifespan.
- Seagull IV fresh water filter at galley
- Bridge deck wood valence with dimmable mood lighting
- Cherry cockpit table, adjustable height, with 2 drop leaves and storage
- Marine Deck 2000 cork bridgedeck flooring
- Extra propane tank
- Edson Black helm w/ leather cover
- Garmin GPSMAP 7612 12″ chartplotter
- Garmin VHF 300 & GWH 20 remote VHF
- Garmin AIS Transceiver
- Garmin Fantom 18 Doppler digital radar
- Garmin wireless remote for autopilot
- Garmin GXM weather antenna and receiver for Sirius XM/weather
- Cell Phone booster w/ top of mast antenna
- Retractable bow sprit and Code 0 blocks, continuous line furler
- 5 extra USB outlets
- 2 extra 110 outlets
- Victron 80/2000 inverter/charger with remote
- 4 Solara 140w walk on roof mount solar panels
- 300’ of 8 plait anchor rode
- VHF hailer / horn mounted under radar on mast
- Salt water sprayer at galley sink
- Strikeshielf lightening protection system
- 4 step dive style swim ladder
- Upgraded mattresses and cockpit seat cushions
- Anchor bridle
- Jefa 150 KgM direct drive Type 1 planetary gearbox auto pilot drive
- Honda 2200 EU Generator
Call today to learn more about this amazing cat and schedule a viewing. You won’t be disappointed!